The Gen Z consumer strives to embrace joy and creativity while staying true to core values, GNT reports. Described as "radical, diverse, and digitally native," Gen Z is changing global attitudes toward food and drink.
GNT explains that Gen Z shoppers are:
- committed to holistic wellness
- actively promoting environmental and social agendas through their purchases
- devoted to social media, which makes visual impact important
Healthy hedonism impacts natural colors.GNT's examples:
- Soft-play pastel shades are being used to redefine what “healthy and sustainable” looks like.
- Psychedelic color schemes work in harmony with mind-boosting ingredients to tap into new-age wellbeing.
- Bright, clashing color combinations can enable brands to create virtuous products that satisfy the desire for creativity and self-expression.
Related: A Kaleidoscope of Color and Flavor — the Clean Label Way! GNT Non-GMO Food Coloring Ingredients ADM Unveils 2023 Flavor & Color Trend OutlookLearn more about the healthy hedonism trend and impact on food and beverage colorshere. GNT notes that its EXBERRY colors, which are plant-based concentrates created from non-GMO fruit, vegetables, and plants using traditional physical processing methods, are available in shades spanning the full spectrum that fit the trend.
Julia Meyer, Healthy Hedonism trend specialist at GNT Group, added, “We have vast experience and expertise in bringing spectacular color concepts to life in food and drink using our plant-based EXBERRY concentrates. We’re here to inspire brands to tap into modern consumers’ emotional needs through color and unleash their products’ true potential.”