In a press release, the company credits "the revolutionary approach to the medicinal plants sector" taken by the founders, along with their modern industrial vision and scientific approach, for having such a relevant impact on the market.
“Our 100 years journey has taken us to be protagonists on markets around the world, a matter of great pride for an Italian company, still today led by our family," said Indena President Biagio Della Beffa, son of Luigi and grandson of the founder, in the release. "Indena is renowned for the high dedication to quality and science, its continuous investment in product innovation, pioneering processes and constantly state of the art technologies. And since its foundation till today, this is how it has grown to become a leader and a benchmark in the global botanical derivatives sector."
Indena CEO Daniele Giavini added, “Today we manage, from our headquarters in Milan, four production sites around the world and five international subsidiaries, employing a total of over 900 people—most of them in the strategic fields of Innovation and Quality. We also own about 100 patent families and more than 1,000 scientific studies published with qualified research groups. Despite our deep Italian DNA, an international expansion has always characterized Indena, which today has grown and manages 90% of its business abroad including collaborations with several partners in very innovative fields."
Indena announced that the company is celebrating its centennial anniversary with a program of initiatives this year that will be spread over several fronts: from science to communication, from training talented young people to a strengthened commitment to the environment. The year opens with the launch of a new corporate narrative designed to highlight and embody a new identity and image that are bright and forward-looking. As the company explained in the release:It is important to communicate, nowadays, the history and the life of an industry of nature, especially one as long-lived and complex as that of Indena.
- The "Phytocast" podcast, an audio journey that traces the company's history in 12 monthly installments that each have a single theme.
- The launch of the redesigned indena.com website, which will provide an up-to-date and complete showcase of the company's projects, from today and for the next decade. According to the release, the new site illustrates the company's knowledge system, products, services and innovation, exploring how the relationship between technology, science, and nature in Indena is deep-seated and full of resources.
- Video productions designed to narrate the universe of science and data in a direct and immediate way, providing information and content for those who want to understand how medicinal plants can help with health and wellbeing.
- A book will be published on the milestones of Indena's success story, such as quality, research and sustainability, told through augmented reality contributions.
- The award of a two-year doctorate named after Colonel Biagio Alberto Della Beffa, Co-founder of the company. As the release explains, the scholarship will be presented in 2021 to a number of young researchers during the International Summer School on Natural Products (ISSNP).
- Indena also is planning to organize a congress retracing 100 years of quality and innovation in botanical extracts. According to the release, internationally renowned scientists and researchers who have worked with the company and contributed to its scientific breakthroughs will be invited to bring their prestige to the event. Also part of this event: the publication of the first volume of a series dedicated to medicinal plants currently of particular interest for human wellbeing and health.
- As part of the company's commitment to sustainability and biodiversity, a "green terrace" will be created over the Indena building in Milan, providing a habitat for a variety of plant species selected by experts on the basis of their biodiversity and sustainability to the local setting.