75% of people say paid search ads make it easy for them to find exactly what they want.
Your paid search ads can increase brand awareness by up to 80%.
46% of clicks in search engine results are for the top three pay-per-click (PPC) ads at the top of the page.
To compete, stand out, and generate sales – you need to use paid search ads.
There is a catch though: Paid search costs are rising. You cannot rely solely on paid search. Hint: Paid search needs organic search. Organic search needs paid search.
A hybrid search strategy helps you build awareness, offset the rising costs of paid search, and strengthens your search strategy.
Our client, a national supplement brand, had a successful brand marketing campaign using paid search and a strong organic search presence on Google and Bing.
Challenge: This brand had two concerns: the cost of the paid search campaign and cannibalization of organic search traffic.
Goal: Reduce spending on the branded paid search campaign without reducing the total clicks to the website and overall sales. Any lost paid search clicks needed to come from organic traffic.
Strategy: Over a 12 week period, we tested different bidding strategies and budgets to find the point where traffic and sales did not suffer.
Result: At the end of 12 weeks, we found the ideal balance between paid and organic search, allowing us to reduce the custom acquisition costs (CAC) by close to 50%, while still receiving the same volume of clicks and sales.
Because this brand uses a hybrid strategy built on a strong organic search strategy and a shared keyword strategy across organic and paid search, the company has established strong visibility, trust, and confidence with search engines and customers. This makes it possible to reduce spending on paid search without sacrificing brand awareness, clicks, and conversions.
1) Understand your search data – more you know, the easier it is to get clicks and sales.
2) Repurpose, refresh, and reuse high-performing PPC ads and content. People like familiarity – it builds trust and confidence.
3) Focus on search intent. Know the questions, challenges, and goals of your consumers and create PPC ads, landing pages, and content that provide real solutions.
4) Audit your paid search campaign. Your ads and landing page must use the right keywords, align with your goals, meet search intent, and be error-free. Do you know which ads are converting and which ads need an update? 70% of consumers say it’s important to include directions and a call-to-action button in ads. Do your PPC ads do this?
5) Remember E-E-A-T and YMYL. Your PPC ads must adhere to Google’s expectations for YMYL brands.
6) Optimize your technical SEO. PPC ads are useless if your website is slow, doesn’t use HTTPS, isn’t mobile friendly, has broken links, and has other technical SEO mistakes.
You do not have the time or money to waste on a disjointed search strategy. A hybrid search strategy is your answer. Paid search and organic search together – wins.
(Statistic sources: WebFX and Social Media Today)
NOTE: WholeFoods Magazine is a business-to-business publication. Information on this site should not be considered medical advice or a way to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. Always seek the advice of a medical professional before making lifestyle changes, including taking a dietary supplement. The opinions expressed by contributors and experts quoted in articles are not necessarily those of the publisher or editors of WholeFoods.