Directed by Richard Yelland,Seeding Changetakes a look at mission-based businesses that are working to fight poverty through Fair Trade job creation, protect the biodiversity of the Amazon Rainforest, and regenerate topsoil through agriculture, according to a press release. By making the choice to buy from socially responsible businesses, consumers can send a message that it’s time for environmental, social, and economic change.
"Making this film led me on an incredible journey over four years, documenting every step these companies are taking to not only minimize the effects of climate change, but also improve human life around the world," Yelland said in the press release. "You can't truly understand the milestones a mission-based business is making until you see it first-hand."
Related: Documentary Review: Don’t Miss Kiss The Ground Land to Market Partners with Regenerative Chilean Beef Farmer Climate Alliance Releases “Unprecedented” Recommendations for Federal Climate PolicyRoCo Films, a documentary distributor, will helpSeeding Changeenter university curriculums. The documentary will also be distributed through a partnership with Net Impact, a nonprofit for students interested in socially responsible businesses, to create a mentorship program for its 200k+ members.
"As a mission-driven documentary distribution company, we believe we can make an impact in the way businesses are conceived and operated in the future, by reaching business students now,” said Annie Roney, Founder of RoCo Films. “The combination of brands involved with this effort, storytelling and our relationships with universities will give rise to invaluable learning.”
People featured in the film include:
- Jeremy and Ryan Black, Founders of Sambazon
- David Bronner, CEO of Dr. Bronner's
- Gunnar Lovelace, Founder of Thrive Market
- Chris Mann and David Karr, Founders of Guayakí Yerba Mate
- Ahmed Rahim and Reem Hassani, Founders of Numi Tea
- Sarah Wallace, Founder of The Good Bean
- Rob Machado, Professional Surfer
- Paul Hawken, American Environmentalist
- Jad Daley, President and CEO of American Forests
- Zach Bush, MD Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Hospice Care
- Mike Burbank, Wealth Management, Morgan Stanley
- Kelly Slater, Professional Surfer and Entrepreneur
- Mark Walker, CEO of OuterKnown
- Mark Gruin, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives of Rainforest Trust
- Lara Dickinson, Founder of OSC2
- Daron "Farmer D" Joffe, Founder of Farmer D