Bloomingdale, IL- One of the largest natural product independent manufacturers,NOW, has added a new 200,000 square foot distribution facility in Roselle, Illinois at 1620 Central Road.
The family-owned company opens its third US-based operations facility to assist its existing manufacturing locations in Sparks, Nevada and Bloomingdale, Illinois. The new facility will provide support for the rise in volume of production while maintaining efficiency towards NOW’s expansion and long-term growth.
According to the NOW press release, the newest facility in Roselle, Illinois will continue NOW’s past history of investing in the most up to date and industry-leading technology including:
- Best-in- class Pick-to- Voice System that allows for improved lot validation and cartonization, enabling NOW to better inform both customers and sales team members of carton and case pack quantities.
- A three-story- high, high-velocity picking module designed to drive higher order output and is scalable for future growth. NOW previous picking area was only two stories high, and 50,000 square feet.
- A special dock area exclusively for large-quantity truck orders to improve efficiency and order turnaround times.
- New, state-of- the-art LED lighting system that works through motion detection, helping conserve energy. This new lighting is also more natural and helps to reduce eye strain for order picking staff.
- Huge refrigerator expansion that can store up to 800 pallets of refrigerated materials.
- New freezer that can store up to 200 pallets of materials.
- Special pack-out area designed to significantly increase packing efficiencies.
Approximately 130 people are employed at the Roselle, Illinois facility alone covering three shifts over five days a week. The creation and ability of the Roselle facility to fulfill and distribute orders will enable NOW to concentrate on the expansion of its Bloomingdale location in the near future.
“We are constantly working to serve our retailer customers better while accommodating sustained growth, and this facility does both,” said NOW CEO Jim Emme. “We’ve incorporated advance technology with environmental efficiencies, and emphasis on worker safety and well-being. We are pleased with the result.”
With a 50 Year Anniversary coming in 2018, NOW will celebrate its year-over-year growth that has occurred over the past 31 years. Providing over 1400 products ranging from health and beauty products, dietary supplements, functional foods and sports nutrition, NOW has been placed on the list of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For over the past nine years by the National Association of Business Resources.
Expo West 2023: 25 Trends to Watch
May 31, 2023