The awards are open to many types of operators in the sustainable food industry, including: food and beverage brands, ingredient firms, packaging companies and industry organizations who help encourage sustainability in food.
Related: Ardent Mills Releases Annual Sustainability Report The Sustainability Shift in Packaging Sustainable Business: Serving a Worthy PurposeThe award categories are as follows:
- New Sustainable Product: a new food/beverage product with important sustainability credentials.
- Sustainable Ingredient: a new ingredient that makes a sustainable difference in terms of environmental and/or social impact.
- Sustainable Packaging: a new packaging that contributes to sustainability in terms of lower environmental impact and/or providing social value.
- Sustainability Pioneer: an operator in the food industry that is a pioneer leader in some aspects of sustainability.
- Sustainability Leadership: an operator that leads in various aspects of sustainability.