- Ask the right questions.
- Articulate how severe your allergy is.
- Resist that familiar apologetic tone laced with guilt, knowing the kitchen will need to stop their flow to attend to your special dish.
- Because it’s a gamble every time.
What Follows Contamination Almost Every Time: Supplements Aisle for Damage Control
Some just tough it out, while many will be in the supplements aisle trying to find what will take them out of pain faster.
Or make the red blotches go away faster.
Or control the vomiting, at least until their plane lands(that concludes the sexy portion of this article).
Are Retailers Up to Date with the Ever-Growing List of Food Issues?
The bigger question is“should they be?”Are they meant to be substitutes to doctors? But doctors don’t usually handle these things anyways. Nutritionists? Contamination is a 911 Emergency; it’s not like the person can wait a week for an appointment.
Q: Is There a Quick Fix for Food Contamination?
A: Not really.But you can speed up the process by flushing toxins out faster.
- Water, 3+ liters a day. Sounds too basic. Isn’t everything that works simple?
- Green juice I personally sip green juice every waking minute when contaminated… 64 oz easily p.s. don’t do it if it’s not 100% organic - no sense adding more toxins to an already contaminated body. If fresh cold pressed juice is not possible, add liquid chlorophyll to water. It’s easy to always keep a bottle in the fridge; not just for contaminations, but as part of a healthy lifestyle protocol.
- Psyllium Husk add to juice, smoothie, soup, or water.
- High Fiber and High Water Fresh Foods like watermelon and apples.
- Sea Vegetables do a good job of chelating to toxins and carrying them out. Every form is great: add blue green algae to juice or smoothie and/or dried sea vegetables like dulce to meals (fabulous salty flavor, you’ll forget it’s good for you).
- Move (this doesn’t need to be heavy exercise but yoga or bouncing on a rebounder will help with lymphatic drainage).
- Plenty of rest so your body can do its job.
p.s. This isn’t a long-term full-on healing protocol; it’s just immediate damage control. Work with a qualified professional for proper gut repair.
Jaqui Karr, CGP, CSN, CVD, is a best-selling author, speaker, and corporate consultant who specializes in educating about gluten, celiac disease, specialty diets, and health through nutrition. Her popular “NakedFood” brand has helped thousands include more power raw and healing greens in their diet. Ms. Karr is a certified gluten practitioner, certified sports nutritionist, and certified vegan/vegetarian educator to dietitians. http://jaquikarr.com
Note: The statements presented in this column should not be considered medical advice or a way to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. Always seek the advice of a medical professional before altering your daily dietary regimen. The opinions presented here are those of the writer, not necessarily those of the publisher.
Published in WholeFoods Magazine Online, 7/6/2017