The United Natural Products Alliance (UNPA) and the Canadian Health Food Association (CHFA) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance collaboration and promote the growth and accessibility of natural health products and dietary supplements in North America.
UNPA and CHFA are joining forces to:
- Foster stronger relationships between industry stakeholders
- Advocate for regulatory cooperation
- Advance the responsible use of natural health products.
An announcement about the strategic partnership explained that both organizations are committed to upholding the highest standards of quality, safety, and consumer trust within the natural health product sector.
UNPA and CHFA will work together on:
- Regulatory Cooperation: The organizations will advocate for consistent regulations and standards for natural health products and dietary supplements across international borders, according to the announcement. They aim to reduce barriers to trade and promote regulatory coherence with a goal of facilitating the global distribution of natural health products and supplements.
- Industry Research and Education: They will jointly support research initiatives and educational programs that enhance knowledge and understanding of natural health products.
- International Market Access: UNPA and CHFA will aim to expand market access for their members' products in international markets. Efforts may include sharing market insights, collaborating on trade missions or exhibitions, and advocating for favorable trade agreements.
- Advocacy for Favorable Regulations: They will strengthen their voice by jointly advocating for regulatory frameworks that foster innovation, ensure product safety, and support the growth of the natural health product and dietary supplement industry.
- Industry Networking and Collaboration: The two groups will organize and/or attend joint events, conferences, or working groups to facilitate networking opportunities and collaboration among their members.