Aloe vera is not a newly discovered plant with newfound benefits. For thousands of years, aloe vera has been a trusted plant to help maintain good health and balanced digestion. The earliest-known record of aloe’s benefits showed up on 5,000 year-old Sumerian clay tablets extolling its digestive benefits. Cleopatra herself was rumored to use aloe vera in her skin care regimen. Aloe has a strong history of helping your health in a multitude of ways.
Today, aloe vera is one of the most studied plants available in health products. The benefits of aloe could be, in fact, limitless thanks to its 200 active components like key vitamins, digestive enzymes, minerals, amino acids and aloe polysaccharides. Polysaccharides are proven to be the driving force behind aloe’s benefits, as they act as nutrient carriers, delivering nutrients to your body’s cells. The higher the molecular weight, the more efficient and beneficial.
These 200 active components benefit your body by:• Helping maintain a healthy digestive system
• Supporting a healthy immune system
• Reducing toxic nitrate levels in your body
• Increasing nutrient absorption
• Assisting normal muscle and
• Supporting antioxidant levels in your body
• Promoting a healthy complexion
Since 1971, Lily of the Desert has earned a stellar reputation of manufacturing quality aloe vera products, thanks, in large part to the fact that:
1. We oversee every step of the manufacturing process, from field to bottle. The aloe used in our products is harvested from our own organically-grown fields. We also safely process and bottle the aloe in-house to help maintain top-level quality and keep costs low for the consumer.
2. We utilize clinical studies to confirm any health claim made on our product. When we added our high-quality aloe polysaccharide extract, called Aloesorb™, to all of our products, the results from the independent studies were significant. There was a notable increase in nutrient absorption, immune support, detoxification and antioxidant support in addition to the naturally-occurring benefits of aloe.
3. We are the only aloe vera brand with a clinically-proven safety study, published in the Journal of Toxicology, that verifies our product is safe to use on a daily basis. Aloe naturally contains a component called aloin that gives it a laxative effect and can be detrimental to your health when taken in high doses. Raw aloe contains over 15,000 parts per million, however, this study confirmed that our products contain less than 1 part per million of aloin.
Lily of the Desert is the only current aloe brand that offers all of these unique advantages to aloe customers.
Our most popular, best-selling product is our USDA Organic Aloe Vera Juice. This product contains over 99% organic aloe that has been flash pasteurized to ensure any harmful bacteria has been eliminated, but all 200 naturally-active components remain. There is a Whole Leaf and Inner Fillet version of our organic juices. When clinically tested, the Whole Leaf did see slightly better results in those areas tested, thanks to its wide range of aloe polysaccharides.
This preservative free product has a light, citrus-like flavor that makes it a perfect addition to any smoothie recipe or can be taken on its own. The best way to use the organic aloe juice is to take 2–4 oz. about 30 minutes prior to meals for optimal digestive health. Our glass containers for the 16 and 32 oz. products are valued by customers and our gallon-sized product comes in a BPA free, recyclable plastic container.
Our products have a new look debuting this spring. After hearing customer comments, we decided to make the product types more visible with bold print and colors. Our preservative free aloe vera juices showcase a purple band, following a similar past look, with the Whole Leaf and Inner Fillet versions clearly visible as well. Our labels also show important consumer informational callouts such as “Certified Organic”, “Gluten Free” and “Non-GMO”. Our products are also made in an allergen free facility, and are vegan.
Expo West 2023: 25 Trends to Watch
May 31, 2023