Chur, Switzerland—A new study published in Phytotherapy Research has found that saw palmetto (20 mg Prostasan from Bioforce USA) not only improves urinary problems, but also helps with erectile dysfunction.

The journal printed the findings of an eight-week trial lead by urologist Eugen Riedi, M.D., of Chur, Switzerland. After this period, the team found that urinary symptoms improved by more than 50% and sexual problems with ejaculation, erectile dysfunction and overall lack of sexual drive improved by 40%. Approximately 90% of the patients stated that they would take the saw palmetto extract again to address BPH symptoms.

The study involved 82 patients with moderate BPH symptoms and sexual problems.

Published in September 2012 (online 7/13/12)