“We’re thankful to have this year’s conference award winners in our community,” said Pat Sheridan, President & CEO of INFRA. “Four departing board members whose unselfish commitment and hard work have evolved INFRA in so many positive ways; seven standout member owners who, despite a pandemic, were able to innovate, grow, and excel in operations; and four brand partners for whom making a difference is embedded in their business practices. The INFRA Awards recognize their commitments, contributions, and growth during a most challenging year. Well deserved!”
And the 2021 awards go to...
- INFRA New Vendor Partner Award: CADIA
- Innovation Award: Hawthorne Valley Farm Store
- Leadership Award (4): Aaron Gottschalk, Kimberly Hallinan, Paku Misra, Thomas Barstow
- Member Choice Award: Natural Factors
- Most Intriguing New Innovation Award: Miyoko’s Creamery
- Sales Growth Award, Large Store Category: Fresh Plus Markets, Hyde Park Location
- Sales Growth Award, Large Store Category: Kimberton Whole Foods, Ottsville Location
- Sales Growth Award, Medium Store Category: Local Foods, Chicago, IL
- Sales Growth Award, Small Store Category: Nature’s Pick, Marietta, GA
- Service to the Industry Award: Donnie Caffery
- Store of the Year Award: Jimbo’s…Naturally!
- Sustainability Stewardship Award: Equal Exchange
Related: WholeFoods Magazine 2020 Retailer of the Year: Weavers Way WholeFoods Magazine Person of the Year 2020: Frontline Heroes
Accepting the 2021 Sales Growth Award in the Small Store Category on behalf of his team, Yogesh Patel, Owner of Nature’s Pick Market, said: “We are a little, 4-year-old business. We became a full INFRA Member in 2019. INFRA allowed us to bring everyday low prices as well as monthly sales which all contributed towards the sales growth.”