Boulder, CO—Makeena, the cashback and rewards app that allows brands to interact with mission-driven shoppers, has partnered with SPINS to offer closed-loop verification of marketing spends. The partnership will benefit both establishing and emerging brands by offering valuable insights.
"This partnership is potentially really compelling," Alan Lewis, a 20-year veteran of the grocery industry, said in a press release. "The natural products industry already relies on SPINS to analyze product, brand, and category trends; it's hard to overstate how valuable their data is. Adding hard data on individual shoppers who use the Makeena app could change the game: These are engaged and aware shoppers—exactly who we want as customers. Makeena's ability to build deep relationships between brands and shoppers within a health-oriented community is unprecedented. Targeting promotions to those individuals and groups, while monitoring their responses in real-time, is extremely powerful.”
About the SPINS/Makeena partnership
- Through the Makeena app, brands will be able to replace the inefficient coupon process with discounts and offers directly from brand to consumer, according to the release.
- Retailers can incentivize consumers with customized offers that will encourage them to return to the store while increasing basket size and Gross Merchandise Value (GMV).
- Companies will be able to access insights on retailer, brands, and product selection criteria at a granular level.
- Retailers and brands will be able to build brand-specific loyalty programs that engage directly with the consumer.
- Users can get real-time input on new and existing products, with a platform to take informed action and then measure the results of that action.
"We are happy to announce our partnership with Makeena," said Kristin Litchfield, Vice President of Partnership at SPINS. "Our belief in a shared mission and the harmony between our business models have led us to this exciting collaboration. Makeena's commitment to uniting conscious consumers with brands that prioritize a healthier planet, coupled with our over two decades of increasing the availability and reach of such beneficial products, makes for a good match."
Karen Frame, CEO and Founder of Makeena, added, "We hope this partnership results in new insights which ultimately benefits the entire natural products supply chain by driving better-for-you choices further into the mainstream. We're elated to be partnering with the SPINS team and look forward to what we can accomplish together."