Washington D.C.—The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), is gearing up to host its annual events “Science in Session” and “Now New Next.” The events will take place at the Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, in Dana Point, CA, from October 3-6.
“Supplement industry leaders seeking to drive responsible, sustainable business growth should make sure they have a seat at CRN’s 2023 events,” said Bruce Brown, annual conference chair, CRN board of directors chair-elect, and Vice President, Supplement, End Use Market, Kerry. “By participating in the Now New Next sessions, your business gains a crucial edge. Anyone in this industry who is looking to embrace the opportunities that exist in our sector right now, and to ensure their business is set up to compete in a sustainable and socially responsible way, will be at this event.”
CRN President & CEO Steve Mister added, "CRN welcomes industry leaders in the supplement space to join us for discussions that will empower our businesses to thrive and innovate, continuing the dynamic growth our member companies have led over the past 50 years. This year’s ‘Science in Session’ and ‘Now New Next’ lineups will offer unique, cutting-edge perspectives, and actionable solutions to assure our industry’s long-term impact.”
Now New Next is CRN’s business conference
This event will feature keynote speakers offering perspectives connecting society, technology and wellness, including:
- Dr. Vin Gupta, MD, MPA, NBC News Medical Analyst, health policy expert, and chief medical officer, Amazon Pharmacy, will discuss key connections in current and future healthcare trends, the business impacts these will have, and how industry can adapt and thrive.
- Dr. Sammy Ramsey, founder and director of the Ramsey Research Foundation, will share his process for using unconventional thinking to overcome roadblocks, giving attendees tools to creatively tackle complex problems and arrive at innovative solutions.
- Tiffani Bova, Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Experience Mindset: Changing the Way You Think About Growth, as well as global growth evangelist, Salesforce, will discuss the link between employee experience and customer experience to orchestrate a great workforce.
- John Harwood, award-winning political journalist and White House correspondent, will share insights on the how fundamental changes in economic opportunity are coinciding with accelerating shifts in the nation’s demography and culture.
- Paul Zikopoulos, VP of Technology Group Skills Vitality & Enablement, IBM, will discuss how in our rapidly transforming world, data has become the new competitive advantage. Insights will include how to leverage the ways AI, big data, and machine learning are changing the workplace and industry.
Science in Session is CRN’s deep dive into nutrition research
This year, the theme of this day-long event is “The Evolution of Science on Dietary Supplements: Past, Present, and Future." Speakers include:
- Regan Bailey, Ph.D., R.D., associate director, Precision Nutrition Institute for Advancing Health Through Agriculture, Texas A&M University
- Jeffrey Blumberg, Ph.D., FASN, FACN, CNS-S, research professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University
- Paul Coates, Ph.D., former director, Office of Dietary Supplements, NIH (retired), adjunct professor, School of Public Health, Indiana University Bloomington