PREP TIME: 15 mins COOK TIME: 20 mins TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
Whipped Feta: 5 oz Feta Cheese 1/2 cup Greek Style Yogurt 2 cloves Garlic 1 pinch Pepper
Baby Greens and Beets: 4 cups Mixed Baby Greens 4 medium Beets, cooked and sliced 2 tbsp Parsley, chopped 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 pincheachSalt and Pepper
Lemon Mint Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1/4 cup fresh Lemon Juice 1 tbsp Honey 1 tsp Minced Mint Leaves 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest 1/4 tspeach Salt and Pepper
Garnish: 4 Pitas, warmed for serving Pomegranate Arils Mint Leaves, fresh Kalamata Olives
Fried Eggs: 4 Utopihen Farms Pasture Raised Organic Eggs 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil for cooking
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the edges of the bowl and process again until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil is large, non-stick pan.
- Add all the ingredients and sauté for about 2 minutes. You want the greens and beets to be warmed but not cooked. Put on a place and set aside until ready to use.
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until completely mixed.
- In a non-stick sauté pan, heat oil.
- Gently place eggs into the pan and cook until egg whites are opaque and no longer translucent. To get the jammy (runny) yolk keep eggs on the one side, do not flip them.
- Scoop the whipped feta onto plate. Evenly spread it out.
- Place baby greens and beets to one side of the feta.
- Drizzle lemon mint vinaigrette over the whipped feta and greens.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate arils, a few mint leaves and Kalamata olives.
- Place eggs onto the whipped feta. Alternately they can be served on each person’s plate.
- Warm your pita bread and cut into wedges. Pita can be warmed in an oiled sauté pan or in the microwave. If using the microwave wrap pitas in kitchen towel to keep them from drying out.
NOTES: Small to medium beets can be boiled for 15-20 minutes. Beets will be done when a paring knife can easily pierce through all the way. Adjust timing for larger beets.
Eggs are cooked last so that they are warm and yolk remains runny.
Whipped feta and vinaigrette can be made up to 3 days before and kept refrigerated.
This content paid for and provided by Utopihen.