Sophie's Kitchen vegan seafood products are quick, easy, convenient and delicious. Use them as you would seafood and in your own favorite recipes. Sophie’s is versatile as an appetizer, entrée, on top of a salad, in
tacos, soup, pasta, pasta sauce, and more...
Below is a unique way to prepare Sophie's Vegan Prawns.
- 1 1/2 cup cooked rice, cooled
- 1/2 to 1 pound vegan prawns, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas, cooked until just tender
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- lettuce leaves and tomato slices
Combine vegan prawn, celery, onions, peas and red bell pepper. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and celery seed. Combine shrimp mixture with rice; add mayonnaise and dill pickle juice and gently mix. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve on lettuce leaves and tomato slices. Serve as a luncheon dish or side dish.
Contributed by Sophie's Kitchen
Published on WholeFoods Magazine Online, 12/11/12