The report, “The Dietary Supplement Consumer of Tomorrow,” drew data from multiple sources to showcase the importance of supplements:
- 79% of U.S. consumers say taking supplements is important to their overall health
- 67% of global nutritional supplement users say they will continue to use nutritional supplements over the next 12 months
- 49% of all nutritional supplement users say that they would be willing to increase spend on nutritional supplements
Related: ADM Acquires Flavor Solutions Business The Natural View, Live at SSW: A Look at CRN’s 2021 Consumer Survey ADM Completes Purchase of Deerland Probiotics & EnzymesADM summed up the top five drivers of supplement consumers:
- Personalized solutions, drawing in customers who otherwise wouldn’t take to supplements: 59% of global consumers find the idea of nutrition genetic testing appealing.
- Flexible, convenient formats, allowing customers to use supplements no matter what their lifestyle is—43% of non-supplement users find it difficult to swallow tablets and capsules, and 39% of global consumers report that easy-to-consume supplements are important.
- Values-based credentials, with a clean label and transparency to match: 76% of global supplement users prioritize products that are 100% natural or free from artificial ingredients, looking for products that are both good for them and good for the earth.
- Safe and effective, supported by scientific evidence and product claims—product safety claims are important to 50% of global consumers, and clinically demonstrated benefits are important to 73% of global supplement users.
- Functional formulas that offer convenience and great taste, without artificial colors or tastes: 58% of global consumers say it’s important for supplements to taste good.