The voting members added during the second and third quarters of 2021:
- Arbonne International, which offers plant-based personal care, beauty, and wellness products.
- Bodybuilding.com, a fitness platform combining content, community, and commerce, offering supplements, activewear, sports gear, fitness apps, an exercise database with instructions nad video, and more.
- Open Book Extracts, a cGMP-certified supplier of plant-based cannabinoid products offering concept-to-market formulation and product development services.
- Metabolic Maintenance, which provides healthcare practitioners with high-quality products with no added preservatives, excipients, binders, or fillers.
- Alston & Bird, an international law firm with more than 800 lawyers in offices worldwide, offering intellectual property and food & beverage guidance.
- Atlantia Clinical Trials, a contract research organization that specializes in conducting human studies in foods, beverages, supplements, cosmetics, and live-biotherapeutics, with clinic sites in Europe and the USA.
- Covington & Burling, LLP, a global law firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., which advises supplement and food & beverage companies on the issues that may arise from product conception through promotion in the U.S., Europe, China, and elsewhere.
- Creative Services, Inc., a background screening company offering full-service, global background screening and security consulting.
- The law office of Scheril Murray Powell, P.A., a trade, agricultural, cannabis, and dietary supplement attorney at Doumar, Allsworth, Laystrom, Voigt, Adair, and Dishowitz LLP; she has been named one of the Top 12 Cannabis Attorneys in Florida.
CASP Award WinnersThe CASP (CRN and American Society for Nutrition Foundation Scholars Program) Award, launched in June 2021, provides students access to CRN’s Science in Session symposium, which, this year, focused on women’s health and their unique nutritional needs across the lifespan.
“CRN is helping create the next generation of nutrition scientists and practitioners,” said CRN Senior Vice President, Scientific and Regulatory Affairs, Andrea Wong, Ph.D., in the press release. “Populations worldwide need accessible, science-backed guidance about health and wellness, and these students will be equipped to provide it.”
Related: 13 Meta-Analyses Link Vitamin D with COVID-19 The Natural View, Live at SSW: A Look at CRN’s 2021 Consumer Survey FDA Commissioner Nominated; CRN Notes Top 6 PrioritiesThe awardees are:
- Jennifer Bapton, a Ph.D. candidate in health sciences at Rush University in Chicago, Illinois;
- Alexa Barad, a Ph.D. candidate in the nutritional sciences division at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York;
- Inah Gu, a Ph.D. candidate in the food science department at University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, Arkansas;
- Sakhawot Hossain, an undergraduate student in the department of nutrition and food technology at Jashore University in Bangladesh;
- Kingsley Kalu, a Ph.D. candidate at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
You can hear directly from the recipients viavideos available here.