“Nexira is continuously working to raise awareness around acacia fiber prebiotic health benefits,” said Mathieu Dondain, Nexira Vice President, in a press release. “Adopting the Acacia Gum record on ABC’s HerbMedPro database is another way to share scientific studies with our community, to offer a compilation of published studies, and to bring to the table our own numerous studies. Acacia’s importance over the years has increased significantly and it is now appreciated as a natural ingredient that appeals to health and wellness-conscious consumers because of its multiple functional and nutritional benefits.”
Fast Facts About Acacia GumAs outlined in the press release, acacia:
- is an exudate of certain trees in the legume or Fabaceae family.
- has been used for millennia for food, medicine, and cosmetics, and today is used a binder in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, paint, ink, and art supplies, and in the food and beverage industries as an emulsifier, stabilizer, and texturizer.
- is an excellent source of soluble fiber that can enrich the nutritional profile of food and beverages.
- is used in dietary supplements to support digestive health.
- is a prebiotic that acts in the intestines, promoting the growth of ‘friendly’ microorganisms that contribute to gut and bowel health.
ABC's HerbMedPro DatabaseNexira’s acacia adoption supports ABC’s HerbMedPro database—a comprehensive, interactive online database that provides access to important scientific and clinical research data on the uses and health effects of more than 265 herbs, spices, medicinal plants, and fungi.
“ABC is deeply grateful to Nexira for its adoption of Acacia Gum on ABC’s robust HerbMedPro database,” said ABC Founder and Executive Director Mark Blumenthal. “We truly appreciate Nexira’s focus on this historically used plant material that has such wide array of commercial and health-related applications.”