The program includes expert lectures on:
- The different aspects of botanical adulteration and fraud
- Case studies exploring the health risks associated with counterfeit ingredients
- The role of sourcing
- Prevention tools for the industry
- Propositions for risk reduction
- Suggestions for better quality control
- Mark Blumenthal, founder and executive director of ABC
- Anna Mulà, head of quality unit at Euromed
- Stefan Gafner, chief science officer of ABC
- Roy Upton, founder of the American Herbal Pharmacopoeia
- Anna-Rita Billa from the University of Florence
- And others.
Related: Neem Biotech Adopts Garlic, Artichoke Through ABC’s Adopt-An-Herb Program BOTALYS Adopts Asian Ginseng Through ABC’s Adopt-an-Herb Program ABC Publishes Monograph on BCM-95Andrea Zangara, scientific marketing manager at Euromed, says: “Counterfeit products present a significant challenge to the industry, but more importantly, they put the health of consumers at risk. To support the fight against botanical adulteration and fraud, Euromed and the ABC, with the support of three other co-sponsors (Hylobates Consulting, Extrasynthese and Botanicert), have created this important roundtable discussion to provide insights into this global problem and identify tools and good practices for prevention.”
This pre-congress symposium can be booked alone or in addition to the main congress, which runs until September 5,here.