- Total sales of $283 million, 4.3% lower than first quarter 2018
- Selling, general, and administrative expenses was $88.5 million, compared with $89.3 million for first quarter 2018
- Adjusted EBITDA was $18.2 million, 9.1% above the same period of the prior year
- Operating income was $6.3 million, compared to 3.8 million in the same period of the prior year
- Reported earnings per share was $0.15, compared to a loss per share of $0.17 in first quarter 2018
Sharon Leite, CEO, said in the release: “Our first quarter results were in line with our expectations and reflect continued progress on executing our reinvention plan and rebuilding our business. During the quarter, we made significant progress across a number of initiatives to better position the Vitamin Shoppe in the second half of the year and beyond. We remain confident that we have the right plans in place and are committed to advancing our strategy to regain top-line growth and grow profitability.”
For the full list of results, go here.