"Our bold spirit of innovation and imagination has enabled us to bring sustainable thinking into the forefront of all that we do," said Dan Dye, CEO of Ardent Mills, in the press release. "We've made important progress this last year and will continue to champion these critical initiatives across all facets of our business to achieve even greater goals in the years ahead."
The company is working across three core pillars: Sustainability, People, and Nutrition. This directly aligns with the Sustainable Development Goals put forth by the United Nations, the press release notes.
Highlights in each sector include:
- Enrolling 37,480 acres across Idaho and Kansas in regenerative agriculture initiatives intended to improve soil health and conserve water.
- Achieving 23.36 percent of our total operations to be powered by renewable energy, a calculation which reflects direct sourcing of renewable energy and retaining related renewable energy credits (RECs), participation in community solar projects, and purchase or replacement RECs.
- Sourcing 100% SFI Certified packaging for all of North America.
- Launching a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) program that is aimed at leading our industry toward a more inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment
- Completing two initiatives for Project Elle, which provides improvements to Ardent Mills locker rooms, breakrooms, and restrooms using 5S/Pristine principles and ensures an inclusive space for all
- Raising $200,000—equivalent to 800,000 meals—for the Food Bank of the Rockies
- Donating over 60,000 pounds of product in April 2021
Learn more about the company’sCSR goals here.