During the sixth CII Industrial Intellectual Property Awards 2020 ceremony, which was held virtually on December 18, the Sami-Sabinsa Group was given the Best Patent Portfolio and Best Trademark Portfolio awards in SME (Life Science/Pharma), the press release states.
Dr. Majeed was honored by IASTAM with the Zandu International Oration award for “Excellence in the field of biology and research on Ayurvedic products,” a recognition of the important role Dr. Majeed has played in globalizing understanding and acceptance of the benefits of Ayurveda, according to the press release.
Related: Study Finds Eye Health Benefits for Sabinsa’s Macumax Synergia Receives European Patent for Uses of Vitamin K2 Sabinsa Founder Publishes Book on Boswellia, Receives Lifetime Achievement AwardThe new patents include:
- LactoSpore was granted patent US10792295 for its potential in combination with B-glucogallin (Saberry) in inhibiting the growth of Helicobacter pylori. The combination can be used for managing and preventing H. pylori infections, and can be taken in various delivery forms.
- LactoSpore received a second patent for its potential in reducing intestinal gas formed by fermentation of food by microbes. Patent US10806760 claims a method for reducing this gas when LactoSpore and prebiotic fibers were cultured along with the microbes at fault. The patent also claims a method for inhibiting the growth of several of these microbes, including E. coli and Clostridium difficile.
- Patent US1071682 was awarded for Sabinsa’s endurance composition comprising boswellic acids-polysaccharides in combination with either the concentrate of the liquid endosperm of Cocos nucifera or the extract of Emblica officinalis fruit. The combination increases the endurance capacity under sustained physical activity, protects against hypoxic injury, modifies biochemical parameters, and increases neuromuscular coordination in subjects exposed to amplified physical stress.
- Sabinsa’s composition of extracts of Allium sativum, Beta vulgaris, Nigella sativa, and Terminalia arjuna is now patented under US10864243 for its ability to inhibit the Prostaglandin transporter. The protein is involved in the transport of prostaglandins into the cell, which can lead to clinical conditions like hypertension and cardiovascular complications.
- Sabinsa has received patent US10864242 for a composition for managing male sexual dysfunction. The composition consists of Withania somnifera, Mucuna pruriens, Coleus forskohlii, and Kaempferia parviflora extracts, along with BioPerine. The composition was found effective in reducing multiple conditions of male sexual dysfunction.