- 80% of Americans now use supplements, per the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) 2021 Consumer Survey on Dietary Supplements. How does that compare to 2020? And what are people taking? And why? Get the answers to those Qs and more.
- 84% of supermarket managements said they had wellness initiatives in place in 2021, according to the Food Marketing Institute (FMI). What does this mean for natural products retailers? Here, Jay Jacobowitz, President and Founder of Retail Insights, offers his analysis and insights to help independents succeed in 2022.
- 6.2% is the overall inflation rate in the U.S., according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, with food hitting a 5.3% increase in pricing year-over-year. The experts at Trust Transparency Center note that most economists agree the supply chain impact on pricing will not be erased in the coming year. Get their forecast for the natural products industry here.
- 60% of Americans in one recent survey are making resolutions to improve their overall wellbeing in 2022. Read up on the natural products and lifestyle strategies that can help them achieve their goals, from increasing energy and reducing stress to breaking bad habits.
- 44% of global consumers said that they have purchased more plant-based products since the pandemic began. What are the top reasons for making the plant-based shift? Find out here.
We’ve also added a healthy dose of motivation and wisdom with our new Mentors column. In this issue, Sandy Gooch, Founder of Mrs. Gooch’s Natural Foods Markets, shares gems of wisdom that are sure to inspire. Find that new column here…and that’s just the beginning. Stay tuned for special episodes of The Natural View podcast dedicated to our mentors throughout 2022.
On another note, we’re here to support your personal goals, too! If you are setting personal wellness goals for 2022, come join my co-host on The Natural View, Todd Pauli, and me (plus many more members of the natural products community!) at www.FitForNatural.com and our Fit for Natural Facebook group. You’ll meet lots of like-minded industry friends sharing their workout plans, success strategies, and offering loads of positive support. We also do regular group challenges—everything from plank and squat challenges to daily meditation prompts and more. We’d love to have you on board!
Wishing you a year filled with success and happiness!
Maggie Jaqua Content Director
Master the Top Trends of 2022!
Join us for A+ education, and grow your business in the coming year. Powered by WholeFoods Magazine and Trust Transparency Center, the Naturally Informed program is designed to keep suppliers, brands, retailers, and other industry players informed on developments in the natural products industry so that you can make better business decisions.
Save the date for these on-trend topics in our Mastering the Market virtual event series:
- Immune Health and Wellness: March 1-2
- Microbiome: May 17-19
- Coping, Balancing & Thriving in Challenging Times: September 20-22
- Living Longer, Stronger & Healthier: November 16-18