Courtesy of Once Again Nut Butter
* 2/3 cup “Prepared” Tahini (see directions below)
* 2 cups cooked or canned chick peas, drained
* ¼ cup lemon juice
* 2-3 large cloves garlic
* 1 teaspoon salt
* fresh chopped parsley hummus
* olive or vegetable oil
1. Mix first five ingredients in blender until smooth or mash well by hand.
2. Serve in shallow dish. Pour fine stream of oil around edge. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with warm pita bread, crackers or fresh raw vegetables.
YIELD: About 3 cups
VARIATION: Substitute 7 oz. Can of tuna fish for chickpeas. Add cumin and pepper to taste.
To make one cup: Stir Tahini in jar to an even consistency. Pour 2/3 cup in bowl add 1/3 cup water and mix by hand or mixer until creamy and almost white. Quantity of water can be varied according to consistency desired.
NOTE: If recipes call for “Prepared” Tahini, use this mixture. Otherwise, use it in pure form from the jar, well stirred.