Little Rock, AK—At the request of state leaders, Nourish America has mobilized to deliver aid in the wake of the recent tornadoes that hit six Southeastern states, killing 36 and injuring many others. To help provide said aid, the non-profit is reaching out for cash and product donations (like energy drinks, protein bars, multivitamins and more) from the natural products industry.
Nourish America has focused on providing nutrient-rich foods and supplements to those in need since its inception, and is reaching out to the natural products industry specifically because many of the products are nutritious and portable with a long shelf life. In addition, health and beauty products from the natural products industry are non-toxic. This makes them the ideal support items for victims trying to deal with loss and rebuild.
Since Hurricane Katrina in 2005, Nourish America has been working to provide a healthier relief effort, partnering with state leaders and emergency workers to make sure their work best helps those in need. Further information on how to donate to Nourish America can be found at nourishamerica.org.
Nourish America is currently accepting donations of:
- Cash Funds
- Bottled water
- Protein and meal replacement bars, drinks and powders
- Energy drinks
- Shelf stable dairy products
- Shelf stable prepared foods
- Canned goods
- Ready to eat cereals and snacks
- Shelf-stable juice
- Shelf-stable baby food
- Multivitamins for children, adults and seniors
- Other supportive nutritional supplements
- Cleaning solutions
- Hand sanitation products
- Body and skin care products
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Flashlights and batteries
- Tampons and Sanitary Napkins
Published by WholeFoods Magazine Online, 5/9/14.