Straight Arrow has a 40-year family tradition of manufacturing all of its own products, which started in 1970 on the Katzev family equestrian farm in New Jersey. The Original Mane ‘n Tail Shampoo and Conditioner were created as a solution for the family’s own show horses for fuller, thicker, healthier manes and tails for the equestrian market. The results that people saw on their horses encouraged them to try the formulas on themselves. Soon, those “in-the-know” were experiencing the “unbridled” results—longer, stronger, fuller and healthier hair of their own. By word of mouth, the buzz about the Original Mane ‘n Tail products became fueled by the continued consumer belief that they were experiencing hair growth. The demand for personal hair care followed. Straight Arrow, as a result, has developed multiple shampoos, conditioners and styling products under the Mane ‘n Tail brand for people.
Straight Arrow is still owned and operated by the second generation of the family and stays true to its roots. President Devon B. Katzev has the passion and the vision to stay on the cutting-edge of technology by having the distinct talent for growing the company and expanding its horizons without losing its down-home philosophy. Straight Arrow manufactures all of its own products, adhering to strict quality assurances, guidelines and consistently meeting that same performance standard. Straight Arrow presently sells its products through approximately 100,000 locations worldwide. Conceived by Nature® is the latest addition to the Straight Arrow product selection with the goal of creating an all-natural hair care line that truly performs.
Our Mission: Satisfy the Customer
A simple, but true, statement…the family’s tradition and mission here at Straight Arrow have always been to do just that! All products are designed to stand the test of that tradition and live up to Straight Arrow’s quality standards and meet the same performance challenges time and again. While the company doesn’t manufacture on the family farm these days, it still takes pride in the fact that it produces all products right here in the United States. Straight Arrow has made it its goal to have a Consumer Affairs department available to answer any questions that customers may have, whether it be on the phone, via e-mail or any other written correspondence. The company really cares and goes to great lengths to let its customers know how much it cares.
Straight Arrow’s main focus is to continue to develop and manufacture high-quality personal care products that have a reputation for effectiveness, excellence and value, while doing its best to keep customers happy.
Key Market Areas
Conceived by Nature is sold at various health food stores in the United States. The company has distribution from coast to coast. Its products are also sold on-line at www.wintercreekstore.com.
Major Products/Service Offerings
The Conceived by Nature story
The story is simple…sourcing the world for the highest quality certified natural components, Straight Arrow designed each shampoo and conditioner to be uniquely balanced for incredible performance, with fragrant aromas to provide a multi-sensory experience that leaves hair natural, healthy, clean and conditioned.
Conceived by Nature combines the finest synergy of essential oils, herbs, micro-enriched proteins, and other natural ingredients blended precisely to fortify and nourish hair, leaving it soft, strong and shiny.
For the introduction, the company launched three intoxicating scents that make up the start of the Conceived by Nature line with coordinating shampoos and conditioners: Moisturizing Citrus; Nourishing Lavender and Fortifying Rosemary.
• Rejuvenates dry, dull scalp and damaged hair with essential oils and emollients to leave hair soft, shiny and manageable.
• Rich antioxidants combined with L-Arginine, help to promote hair elasticity, preventing breakage and promoting hair growth.
• Uplifting aromatherapy helps to clarify, awaken, and/or calm for a multi-sensory experience.
• All shampoo formulas include corn, aloe vera, mandarin orange, grape fruit extract, corn silk, green tea, chamomile, kelp, honeysuckle, lavender, wheat protein, rosemary, mango and vitamins B5 and E.
• All conditioner formulas include all of the above plus enhanced moisturizers and strengtheners, fortifying, nourishing, moisturizing oils, including sweet almond, olive, coconut and shea butter.
• Both shampoo and conditioner formulas create a noticeably luxurious feel that remains completely gentle for eyes and skin, as well as helping to keep colored-treated hair vibrant. The well-balanced blend of botanicals, vitamins, and other organic ingredients present an environmentally conscious beauty routine, while living up to performance expectations.
• Our herbs and extracts for both shampoo and conditioners adhere to the USDA National Organic program and applicable standards and statues.
• In addition, taking into account the way people feel about what’s in products today, it is equally important to know what is not in the products they use. Therefore, formulas have NO: parabens • sulfates • synthetic dyes • silicones (including dimethicone) • mineral oils
• petrolatum • animal derived ingredients • testing on animals
In the first quarter of 2012, the company is planning to launch styling products that will be a part of the Conceived by Nature line. It is hoping to release the following:
• Hair Strengthener—a leave-in protein spray conditioner to help prevent against breakage
• Hair Serum—a styling product that leaves hair smooth and shiny, eliminating frizzies
• Hair Spray—an extra-hold natural hair spray for all-day control
• Hair Gel—a styling product that will help maintain manageability and hold a desired hair style
• Detangler—a product to help comb through tangles and knots without causing hair breakage
Straight Arrow will continue to grow and expand the Conceived by Nature product line as it sees opportunities to fill in the natural beauty category.
Straight Arrow Products, Inc.
Published in WholeFoods Magazine, November 2011