Since 1947, Solgar has been committed to the health, philosophy and ideology of the natural lifestyle community. Our ongoing mission is to create wellness-oriented innovations with the highest purity and nutritional benefits. From the beginning, Solgar has understood the importance our customers place on well-being. That’s why we exclusively distribute our products in the natural products channel where knowledgeable retailers can guide consumers through the vast array of choices.
From the beginning, Solgar has been dedicated to maintaining the highest standard for quality—the Solgar Gold Standard™. Since most Solgar products are manufactured in our own state-of-the-art facilities, we are able to ensure premium quality throughout the entire process. Solgar’s manufacturing facilities meet the highest standards for machinery, procedures and quality control.
Solgar has a rigorous quality control system in place. All materials coming into our facility are subject to stringent tests to ensure they are the highest quality. Any materials that don’t meet our quality standards are rejected and sent back to our suppliers. We also do extensive testing at multiple stages—from raw material to finished product. Solgar’s on-site Quality Laboratory ensures that each product leaving our door meets our Gold Standard™ for quality.
Quality has been Solgar’s guiding principle since 1947 and is deeply ingrained in every step we take. We are committed to continually raising our Gold Standard™ for quality as science and technology evolve.
Key Markets Served
Solgar’s finished product is distributed from our own global distribution centers located in Pennsylvania, Nevada, the United Kingdom, South Africa, New Zealand and Spain. Solgar exclusively distributes our products to fine health food retailers in over 55 different countries throughout the world.
Major Products/Service Offerings
For over 65 years, Solgar has introduced innovative and scientifically advanced supplements. Our premium branded nutritional supplements include multivitamins, minerals, botanicals and specialty formulas—a comprehensive variety that can be tailored to meet individual requirements for nutrition and lifestyle. Our product line includes Halal, Kosher and vegetarian (strictly non-animal sourced material) supplements in varied doses and forms. Most Solgar products are also free of gluten, dairy and wheat. In accordance with our Gold Standard™, we do not use unnecessary sugars, salts or fillers in our products.
At Solgar, every department is dedicated to supporting our customers’ needs. Operating our own manufacturing facilities and global distribution centers enables us to ensure quality products and prompt delivery. We also provide our retailers with the most current scientific information so they can best inform their customers. In addition, our toll-free phone number (1-877-SOLGAR 4) is printed on every label so retailers and consumers can reach our nutritional team with any technical questions.
Recent Product Launches
• There’s a lot to love about U-Cubes™ Children’s Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Gummies: NON-GMO… TAPIOCA & PECTIN BASED… NO BEEF OR PORK GELATIN… NO ARTIFICIAL COLORS… NO ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS… NO GLUTEN, WHEAT OR DAIRY. And, U-Cubes™ are from Solgar so they benefit from all the science and knowledge behind our name. The result? A great-tasting multivitamin that’s great for your children.
• Today’s probiotics are different. They focus more on single, identified strains that deliver clinically-supported results. Probi® 20 Billion and Probi® 30 Billion from Solgar do this… and more. They’re formulated with live, naturally-occurring cultures, have been studied and documented by gastroenterologists, offer true potency even at expiration and can survive harsh stomach acid.
- Probi® 20 Billion not only supports and maintains digestive health… it also helps with occasional gas and bloating while supporting abdominal comfort.*
- For extra support, try Probi® 30 Billion. It provides integrated bowel support to help maintain your daily abdominal comfort… and addresses the occasional gas and bloating associated with upsetting digestive issues.*
• Solgar’s “body-ready” Folate (as Metafolin®) is now available for those seeking a higher potency — 1000 mcg in just one tablet! This patented folate is in the bio-active form used by the body, so no conversion is required!*
Probi® and LP299v™ are trademarks of Probi AB.
Metafolin® is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Solgar Vitamin and Herb
500 Willow Tree Road
Leonia, NJ 07605
Tel.: (201) 944-2311
Fax: (201) 363-2118
Year Founded: 1947
|*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.|
Published in WholeFoods Magazine, July 2014