Chicago, IL—Experts believe promotional posts should comprise only 20% or less of a business’s social media content. What about the remaining 80%? To help create informative, balanced content for natural products retailers, The Shelton Group (a public relations firm, based here) is now offering a social media service called The Organic Social Club.
Silver Spring, MD—On July 23, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced it is taking steps to remove dietary supplements from the market that it says are associated with illegal health claims. The agency sent warning letters to 15 companies it feels are making illegally marketed diabetes products, insisting the firms respond sufficiently and correct violations within 15 days. Otherwise, FDA may seize products or file for criminal prosecution.
The story of Tofutti is one of triumph, loss and three divine brushes with fate.
Holding the reigns of this successful company is founder and CEO David Mintz, a jovial, passionate businessman who has yet to abandon the eye of the tiger that served him well for over three decades. With a lot of prayer and even more spirit, Mintz revolutionized the tofu industry and established a business that features over 75 dairy-free products.
Secaucus, NJ—Natural products distributor Threshold Enterprises is growing, most recently with its first-ever East Coast Brand Expo. Held at the Meadowlands Expo Center in Secaucus, NJ, in late June, the tabletop show hosted numerous vendors spotlighting key natural brands for East Coast retailers to learn about.
Arlington Heights, IL—After 35 years in its previous facility, Carlson Laboratories moved to a new site in mid-June. A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held June 14, with many business partners, guests, and the Arlington Heights mayor in attendance.
Leetsdale, PA; Anderson, SC—Continuing its push to remove dimethylamylamine (DMAA) supplements from the U.S. market, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now attempting to confiscate 3,200 cases of product from GNC. Prosecutors have asked judges in Pennsylvania and South Carolina—where GNC warehouses are located—to allow for the seizure.