Recipe courtesy of Activz
2 large eggs, brought to room temperature
3/4 cups cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/8 cups organic evaporated cane juice
3/4 cup flour
4 teaspoons Activz Spinach Powder
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 (with an oven thermometer if possible) and line a 9×5 bread pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine first five ingredients in small bowl and mix till clumpy. Set aside.
3. Combine evaporated cane juice and butter in saucepan on low heat. Stir till just hot and smooth.
4. Whisk hot butter and sugar into egg mixture. Add flour, chocolate chips and Activz Spinach Powder. Stir thoroughly till well-combined and pour into lined bread pan.
5. Bake 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Best if left to cool. Makes 16 2×2" brownies.
Published by WholeFoods Magazine Online, 6/27/14