Recipe courtesy of Nutiva
This twist on a classic holiday dish brings together the sweet flavor of the holidays with the benefits of Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and Organic Coconut Sugar. By substituting butter and vegetables oils that recipes may call for, with these products, any meal can become a part of a healthy diet. The Organic Hempseed is the most nutritious seed in the world making it an ideal addition to any dish.
- 8 cups Sweet Potato (peeled & cut )
- 1/2 cup Pecan Halves
- 4 tbsp Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp Nutmeg (ground, preferably freshly grated)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Nutiva Organic Hempseed
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a 9x13x2 inch baking dish and toss until the yams are evenly coated.
- Bake, stirring occasionally for 50 to 60 minutes, until the yams are tender.
- Taste, and adjust the seasonings if desired. Let it cool slightly and serve garnished with hemp seeds.
Recipe by Leslie Cerier
Published by WholeFoods Magazine Online, 8/14/14