Jarrow Formulas® Inc. (JFI), headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, is a formulator and wholesaler of high-quality nutritional supplements. The company was founded in 1977 and incorporated in 1988. Today, Jarrow markets its products throughout the world, including the United States, Mexico, Canada, England, France, Japan, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Israel, Kuwait, Azerbaijan and other countries. Jarrow Formulas’® mission is reflected in its motto: “Superior Nutrition and Formulation.” The company’s philosophy is to encourage preventative care through research and education. Individuals are encouraged to look at healthcare holistically.
Jarrow Formulas’® goal is to promote optimal health with high-quality, effective, affordable and cutting-edge nutritional products that are based on sound scientific research data. Its staff of scientists and health professionals are actively involved in scientific and clinical studies and working with researchers from universities, institutes and other establishments around the world. Jarrow Formulas® strives to provide the best service and technical information to its customers.
Jarrow Formulas conducts its own research that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Clinical Study Demonstrates Superior Bioavailability of Jarrow’s Proprietary QH-
absorb® Formula (June 2009): Italian scientists from the University of Ancona (Institute of Biochemistry) measured the plasma levels of Co-Q10 (Jarrow QH-absorb®, a stabilized proprietary Co-Q10 formula utilizing ubiquinol) after taking 100 mg three times per day (100 mg T.I.D. = 300 mg). Eleven adult volunteers took QH-absorb® over a two-week period. In this study, the results proved the superior absorption of QH-absorb®, as demonstrated by:
• total Co-Q10 levels increasing from 0.70 mcg/mL to 6.14 mcg/mL.
• improving the mean reduced Co-Q10 (ubiquinol) levels in the plasma from 0.62 mcg/mL to 5.75 mcg/mL. This was an increase of 827% over baseline in humans.
• five of the volunteers achieved plasma levels over 7 mcg/mL and one subject was higher than 8 mcg/mL.
Bone-Up® Improves Bone Health in Young Women (August 2007): The results of a clinical trial investigating the effects of Bone-Up®, an enhanced calcium formula, on young women were published in the Journal of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine. It showed that exercise plus intake of Bone-Up® can improve bone health in young adult women, which could lower the risk of developing osteoporosis later in life.
• Jarro-Dophilus EPS®: Shelf-stability with enteric protection featuring eight probiotic strains.
• Bone-Up®: MCHA calcium formula for maximum bone density and strength.
• QH-absorb® and Q-absorb®: Clinically validated, high-absorption formulas of Coenzyme Q10.
• Ideal Bowel Support™ 299v: Contains the proprietary probiotic strain Lactobacillus plantarum 299v (Lp299v), which has been shown in clinical trials to survive and colonize the digestive tract and alleviate intestinal discomfort in 95% of the patients studied.
• Fem-Dophilus®: Oral probiotic clinically documented to restore and maintain a healthy vaginal flora and reduce the risk of urogenital infections.
• JarroSil®: A patent-pending Activated Silicon® formula, containing stabilized molecular clusters of silicic acid for bone, joint, collagen, skin, hair and nails.
• SAM-e: The ultimate brain, liver and joint nutrient. Also supports healthy aging.
• BroccoMax™: Standardized broccoli seed extract.
Fem-Dophilus® features the same two patented Lactobacilli strains, GR-1® and RC-14®, found in the original Fem-Dophilus®. Shelf-stable Fem-Dophilus® is gluten free, non-GMO, and delivered in veggie caps.
Collagen Optimizer™ is a collagen formula promoting collagen production and skin elasticity.* Collagen Optimizer™ supports the development of collagen and supports skin elasticity with a synergistic combination of collagen, antioxidants, JarroSil® (bioavailable silicon) as well as vitamin C and niacinamide.*
MCT Oil is rapidly absorbed making it an effective source of quick energy for the body derived from coconut oil. Jarrow Formulas® MCT Oil contains C8 and C10 with minimal lauric acid (C12). Both are utilized quickly in the body with no need for conversion to be used as fuel source for ATP production, the primary energy currency of cells.
Nicotinamide Riboside. Niagen® (nicotinamide riboside chloride) is an efficient precursor to nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) and has been shown to boost NAD+ levels.* NAD+, a metabolite of vitamin B3 (niacin), is essential to mitochondrial function and enables cells to convert both glucose and fatty acids to energy.* NAD+ is involved in sustaining energy, neural health and healthy aging.*
EPActive™. EPA has been shown to support key aspects of cardiometabolic health along with other unique benefits such as positive mood and outlook. Jarrow Formulas® EPActive™ provides 800 mg per gel cap of well-absorbed, triglyceride-based EPA, as found in pure and natural, unrefined fish oil. EPActive™ meets the stringent proposed USP monograph for purity to remove environmental contaminants, heavy metal such as mercury, and organic toxins. Natural mixed tocopherols are used as antioxidants to protect against lipid peroxidation.
the slim whey™ is a synergistic blend of whey protein concentrate and HCActive™ for weight management.* the slim whey™ supports appetite control and maintenance of lean body tissue, particularly when used in combination with regular exercise.* HCActive™ is a unique patented potassium-magnesium salt formulation that slows the absorption of carbohydrate calories and inhibits conversion of ingested carbohydrates into fat. the slim whey™ is available in two flavors: Matcha Green Tea and Mocha.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Jarrow Formulas® Inc.
1824 S. Robertson Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035
Year Founded: 1977
Jarrow L. Rogovin, President/Chairman of the Board, Jarrow Formulas; Chairman of the Board, Jarrow Industries
Ben Khowong, CEO/CFO, Jarrow Formulas
Peilin Guo, MS, RD, EVP
Clay DuBose, VP, Sales
Dallas Clouatre, Ph.D., Product Development
Rory Lipsky, MBA, LAc, Senior Director of Business Strategy
Published in WholeFoods Magazine July 2016