Founded by John and Susan Carlson in 1965, Carlson Laboratories has been a family-owned and operated business for 45 years. Carlson Laboratories is dedicated to providing only the highest quality natural supplements; after all, no one cares more about the quality that goes into a product than the people who put their names on it!
Carlson Laboratories began with a single vi tamin E formula and a mission. The Carlson family knew firsthand about this powerful antioxidant, especially in the alpha-tocopheryl succinate form. They started Carlson Laboratories after seeing the health benefits Susan Carlson’s father experienced from taking this form of vitamin E. They wanted to share with everyone the health benefits their family found using natural-source vitamin E.
Since then, the product line has grown to become the most complete line of natural-source vitamin E products in the world. Our product range has continued to expand through the years to meet the nutritional needs of our customers. Carlson was one of the first companies to understand the important health benefits of omega-3’s contained in fish oils and introduce them to the North American market in 1982. Since then, we’ve become renowned for our award-winning, great-tasting Norwegian marine oils.
Today, the next generation of the Carlson family continues to ensure that the family name represents the quality supplements people have come to expect. Our product lines now include award-winning Norwegian marine oils, Carlson for Kids children’s supplements, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, special formulations and other nutritional supplements.
In 2010, the company was proud to celebrate 45 of years of good health—from our family to yours!
Key Market Areas
• Natural-Source Vitamin E
• Cardiovascular Formulas
• Eye Care Formulas
• Carlson for Kids—Children’s Formulas
• Special Formulas
•Multiple Vitamins & Minerals
Major Products/Service Offerings
• Carlson Marine Oils: Carlson has been specializing in the finest Norwegian Marine Oils since 1982. Over the years, the product line has grown to include liquids, soft gels and fish oil multiple formulations, all of which contain the important omega-3’s EPA and DHA. These products are regularly tested for potency and purity by an independent, FDA-registered laboratory. Carlson Marine Oils include the company’s popular Very Finest Fish Oil, available in natural lemon or orange flavors. Each teaspoon provides 1,600 mg of omega-3’s. Carlson also offers CalaOmega, an innovative new source of omega-3’s naturally rich in DHA.
• Carlson ACES: Carlson award-winning ACES formulas provides vitamins A, C and E plus the mineral Selenium in easy-to-swallow soft gels. Our bodies naturally suppress free radicals with vitamins A, C, E and the mineral Selenium; these antioxidants work together to neutralize highly reactive molecules.
• Carlson Vitamin D products: Carlson provides vitamin D through soft gels and taste-free, concentrated liquid drops, available in a wide range of strengths.
• Carlson Nutra-Support Products: Each of these products was specially formulated to help provide targeted nutritional support for bone, joint and memory function.
Carlson CalaOmega is an innovative source of omega-3’s, naturally rich in DHA. CalaOmega is available in soft gels or a great-tasting, natural lemon flavored liquid. CalaOmega is from Calamari, which is an eco-friendly, sustainable source of omega-3’s.
Published in WholeFoods Magazine, November 2010