Jarrow Formulas® Inc (JFI), headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, is a formulator and wholesaler of high-quality nutritional supplements. The company was founded in 1977 and incorporated in 1988. Today, Jarrow markets its products throughout the world, including the United States, Mexico, Canada, England, France, Japan, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Israel, Kuwait, Azerbaijan and other countries. Jarrow Formulas’® mission is reflected in its motto: “Superior Nutrition and Formulation.” The company’s philosophy is to encourage preventive care through research and education. Individuals are encouraged to look at health care holistically.
Jarrow Formulas’® goal is to promote optimal health with high-quality, effective, affordable and cutting-edge nutritional products that are based on sound scientific research data. Its staff of scientists and health professionals are actively involved in scientific and clinical studies and working with researchers from universities, institutes and other establishments around the world. Jarrow Formulas® strives to provide the best service and technical information to its customers.
Jarrow Formulas conducts its own research studies that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Clinical Study Demonstrates Superior Bioavailability of Jarrow’s Proprietary QH-absorb® Formula (June 2009): Italian scientists from the University of Ancona (Institute of Biochemistry) measured the plasma levels of Co-Q10 (Jarrow QH-absorb®, a stabilized proprietary Co-Q10 formula utilizing ubiquinol) after taking 100 mg three times per day (100 mg T.I.D. = 300 mg). Eleven adult volunteers took QH-absorb® over a two-week period. In this study, the results proved the superior absorption of QH-absorb®, as demonstrated by:
* total Co-Q10 levels increasing from 0.70 mcg/mL to 6.14 mcg/mL.
* improving the mean reduced Co-Q10 (ubiquinol) levels in the plasma from .62 mcg/ml to 5.75 mcg/mL. This was an increase of 827% over baseline in humans.
* five of the volunteers achieved plasma levels over 7 mcg/mL and one subject was higher than 8 mcg/mL.
Another interesting finding showed a significant reduction in oxidized Co-Q10 in patients. Oxidized Co-Q10 does not function as an antioxidant. The results proved the efficacy of QH-absorb® as demonstrated by a reduction in the mean oxidized Co-Q10 levels in the plasma from 12% to 7%.
Bone-Up® Improves Bone Health in Young Women (August 2007): The results of a clinical trial investigating the effects of Bone-Up®, an enhanced calcium formula, on young women were published in the Journal of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine. It showed that exercise plus intake of Bone-Up® can improve bone health in young adult women, which could lower the risk of developing osteoporosis later in life.
* Jarro-Dophilus EPS®: Room temperature stability with enteric protection, plus eight species and high potency.
* Bone-Up®: MCHA calcium formula for maximum bone density and strength.
* QH-absorb® and Q-absorb®: Clinically validated, high absorption formulas of Coenzyme Q10.
* PhosphOmega®: High absorption, phospholipid bound omega-3.
* Ideal Bowel Support™ 299v: Contains proprietary probiotic strain Lactobacillus plantarum 299v (Lp299v), which has been shown in clinical trials to survive and colonize the digestive tract and alleviate intestinal discomfort in 95% of the patients studied.
* Fem-Dophilus®: Oral probiotic clinically documented to restore and maintain a healthy vaginal flora and reduce the risk of urogenital infections.
* JarroSil®: A patent-pending Activated Silicon® formula, containing stabilized molecular clusters of silicic acid for bone, joint, collagen, skin, hair and nails.
* SAM-e: The ultimate brain, liver, and joint nutrient. Also supports healthy aging.
* Pomegranate Juice Concentrate: Promotes cardiovascular function and health aging.
* Ultra Joint Builder™: provides key nutrients for proper cartilage formation, joint lubrication and a healthy inflammatory response within the joint.
* ALA Sustain™: Powerful master antioxidant.
* BroccoMax™: Standardized broccoli seed extract.
PhosphOmega (30 and 60 softgels)
PhosphOmega is a concentrated source of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, 40% of which are supplied naturally bound to phospholipids for improved bioavailability. The fish are caught in the pristine waters of the North Sea and The International Fish Meal and Fish Oil Organization has granted our supplier a Certificate of Responsible Fishing, indicating that the fish were caught according to the “global standard for responsible supply.” PhosphOmega has undergone extensive testing for toxins like heavy metals and PCBs. For each compound, PhosphOmega contains lower amounts than the minimal standards set by the two governing bodies: the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) and Global Organization for EPA and DHA omega-3s (GOED).
Bone-Up Three Per Day (90 capsules)
BONE-UP® provides ossein hydroxyapatite complex (OHC) (from free-range Australian/New Zealand calves), which includes the superior combination of the inorganic calcium lattice of microcrystalline hydroxyapatite (MCHA) within an organic protein milieu. The OHC is combined with vitamin D3 and vitamin K2 as MK-7 from natural fermentation (a more bioavailable form of vitamin K) to support the deposition of calcium into the bones as well as to assist in building up the organic bone matrix.*
CarbTame™ contains InSea2® brown seaweed extract. InSea2® inhibits both alpha-amylase and alpha-glucosidase activity in carbohydrate digestion, including the breakdown of sucrose, which then reduces carbohydrate absorption.* A clinical trial published in 2011 in the journal Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism found that the ingestion of 500 mg InSea2® supported a healthy glycemic response in healthy volunteers consuming 50 g of carbohydrate in the form of white bread.†*
Jarrow Formulas® Inc.
Published in WholeFoods Magazine, November 2012