Solgar has been innovating and producing fine quality nutritional supplements since 1947. Our ongoing mission is to provide consumers with top-quality, innovative, science-based nutritional supplements to support their total health and well-being. We are committed to exclusively distributing our products in the natural products industry where knowledgeable retailers worldwide can guide consumers through the vast array of choices.
From the beginning, Solgar has been dedicated to maintaining the highest standard for quality—the Solgar Gold Standard™. Since Solgar products are manufactured in our own state-of-the-art facilities, we are able to ensure premium quality throughout the entire process. Solgar’s manufacturing facility meets the highest standards for machinery, procedures and quality control.
Solgar has a rigorous quality control system in place to test products at every stage, from raw material to finished product. All materials coming into our facility are subject to stringent tests to ensure they are the highest quality. Any materials that don’t meet our quality standards are rejected and sent back to our suppliers. We also do extensive testing at multiple stages—from raw material to finished product. Solgar’s on-site Quality Laboratory ensures that each product leaving our door meets our Gold Standard™ for quality.
Quality has been Solgar’s guiding principle since 1947 and is deeply ingrained in every step we take. We are committed to continually raising our Gold Standard™ for quality as science and technology evolve.
Key Markets Served
Solgar’s finished product is distributed from our own global distribution centers located in New Jersey, Nevada, the United Kingdom, South Africa, New Zealand and Spain. Solgar exclusively distributes our products to fine health food retailers in over 45 different countries throughout the world.
Major Products/Service Offerings
For nearly 65 years, Solgar has introduced innovative and scientifically advanced supplements. Our premium branded nutritional supplements include multivitamins, minerals, botanicals and specialty formulas—a comprehensive variety that can be tailored to meet individual requirements for nutrition and lifestyle. Our product line includes Halal, Kosher and vegetarian (strictly non-animal sourced material) supplements in varied doses and forms. Most Solgar products are also free of gluten, dairy and wheat. In accordance with our Gold Standard™, we do not use unnecessary sugars, salts or fillers in our products.
Solgar was one of the first in the natural products industry to integrate a natural, water-based coating for all of our coated-tablet products as an alternative to using the more common solvent-based coating agent shellac (also known as pharmaceutical glaze). This natural coating improves disintegration and dissolution, providing better absorption of nutrients.
At Solgar, every department is dedicated to supporting our customers’ needs. Operating our own manufacturing facility and global distribution centers enables us to ensure quality products and prompt delivery. We also provide our retailers with the most current scientific information so they can best inform their customers. In addition, our toll-free phone number (1-877-SOLGAR 4) is printed on every label so retailers and consumers can reach our team of nutritional experts with any technical questions.
Solgar introduced many new products in 2011 including:
• Liquid Melatonin 10 mg: Providing 10 mg of melatonin (per dropperful) in an easy-to-absorb, delicious natural black cherry liquid for sleep support, with a calibrated dropper providing a second dosage option of 5 mg per half dropperful* [Kosher certified, vegetarian and free of gluten, wheat and dairy]
• Higher-dosage Astaxanthin Softgels: Premium formulas offering the convenience of 5 mg or 10 mg of this antioxidant per softgel to help fight cell-damaging free radicals throughout the body and to help maintain healthy skin* [Free of gluten, wheat and dairy]
• Liquid Calcium Magnesium Citrate with Vitamin D3: Innovative, easy-to-absorb liquids providing three ingredients that help support bone health—1200 mg of calcium, 600 mg of magnesium and 1000 IU of vitamin D3 per serving—in delicious natural blueberry, orange–vanilla and strawberry flavors* [Kosher certified and free of gluten, wheat and dairy]
• Ubiquinol 200 mg (Reduced CoQ-10) Softgels: High-quality formula offering 200 mg of KanekaQH® ubiquinol in an oil-based softgel for optimal absorption and assimilation to help support antioxidant, energy and heart health* [Free of gluten, wheat and dairy]
• Liquid Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 5000 IU: Easy-to-absorb liquid vitamin D3 formula in a great-tasting natural orange flavor with a specially calibrated dropper offering two convenient dosage options—5000 IU (per dropperful) and 2500 IU (per half dropperful) [Kosher certified and free of gluten, wheat and dairy]
• Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 10,000 IU Softgels: Advanced vitamin D3 support in a safflower-oil based softgel to promote optimal absorption and assimilation, providing 10,000 IU of vitamin D3 per softgel* [Free of gluten, wheat and dairy]
KanekaQH® is a registered trademark of Kaneka Corporation.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Published in WholeFoods Magazine, November 2011