Kaneka Nutrients L.P. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kaneka Corporation, headquartered in Japan. Kaneka manufactures its Kaneka Q10™ and Kaneka QH™ Ubiquinol at its plant in Pasadena, TX. Kaneka is the largest manufacturer of CoQ10 in the world, and the only company that manufactures CoQ10 in the United States.
Since 1977, Kaneka has commercially manufactured the only yeast fermented, all-natural CoQ10, making the product bioidentical to the CoQ10 produced naturally in the body. Supported by more than three decades of manufacturing, safety and clinical studies, KanekaQ10™ is the industry standard. It is the primary brand of CoQ10 used in FDA-approved National Institutes of Health-funded clinical trials, and has been used in the vast majority of all other clinical trials over the past 30 years.
In 2007, Kaneka unveiled Ubiquinol, a next-generation CoQ10 product. Ubiquinol is the reduced, active antioxidant form of CoQ10 that is more readily absorbed and used in the body. Our body naturally produces CoQ10 and then converts it to its usable form Ubiquinol, the nutrient essential for cellular energy function and protection. However as we age, our body’s ability to produce and convert CoQ10 to its active form Ubiquinol diminishes significantly. Backed by more than 10 years of research, development and testing, this new product, KanekaQH™, is the only supplemental Ubiquinol available today.
Kaneka Nutrients’ parent company, Kaneka Corporation, is a $5-billion producer of chemical products including pharmaceutical intermediates, medical devices, electronic materials, food products, food ingredients, dietary supplement ingredients, synthetic fibers, functional plastics and solar panels. Kaneka Corp. has 30 consolidated subsidiaries in Japan and 16 subsidiaries outside Japan.
In the United States, Kaneka has four subsidiaries, two in New York and two in Texas. For more information about Kaneka operations in the United States, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kaneka QH™ Ubiquinol
Quick Facts about Kaneka QH™ Ubiquinol
• Ubiquinol supplements help to restore optimal Ubiquinol levels in the body that would otherwise diminish with various health conditions, including fatigue and aging.*
• Ubiquinol is produced naturally within the body. Its function is to act as a lipid-soluble antioxidant and as a catalyst for the production of energy at the cellular level.*
• With recent advancements in science, Ubiquinol is now available as a dietary supplement and is recommended as a new and improved alternative over regular CoQ10.*
• Kaneka completed the formal FDA submission for Ubiquinol as a New Dietary Ingredient. Within this formal submission Ubiquinol was tested for safety. Ubiquinol has been proven safe in extensive testing on human subjects.
• Ubiquinol is the pre-converted, active antioxidant form of CoQ10 that is more readily absorbed by the body.*
• Ubiquinol supports a healthy heart and vital organ function.*
• CoQ10 must be converted to Ubiquinol in order to generate energy and provide antioxidant power. As you age, your body is less able to produce CoQ10 and then convert it to Ubiquinol.*
• Because Ubiquinol is already in an “active form” it requires no conversion within the body and it is superior to conventional CoQ10 (Ubiquinone) on a functional and bioactivity basis.*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Published in WholeFoods Magazine, November 2011