Founded by John and Susan Carlson in 1965, Carlson Laboratories has been a family owned-and-operated business for 45 years. Carlson Laboratories is dedicated to providing only the highest quality natural supplements; after all, no one cares more about the quality that goes into a product than the people who put their names on it!
Carlson Laboratories began with a single vitamin E formula and a mission. The Carlson family knew firsthand about this powerful antioxidant, especially in the alpha-
tocopheryl succinate form. They started Carlson Laboratories after seeing the health benefits Susan Carlson’s father experienced from taking this form of vitamin E. They wanted to share with everyone the health benefits their family found using naturally-sourced vitamin E.
Since then, the product line has grown to become the most complete line of natural-source vitamin E products in the world. Carlson’s product range has continued to expand through the years to meet the nutritional needs of its customers. Carlson was one of the first companies to understand the important health benefits of omega-3s contained in fish oils and introduce them to the North American market in 1982. Since then, they’ve become renowned for their award-winning, great-tasting Norwegian marine oils.
Today, the next generation of the Carlson family continues to ensure that the family name represents the quality supplements people have come to expect. The company’s product lines now include award-winning Norwegian marine oils, Carlson for Kids children’s supplements, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, special formulations and nutritional supplements.
In 2010, the company was proud to celebrate its 45th anniversary.
Key Market Areas
• Natural-Source Vitamin E
• Marine Oils
• Cardiovascular Formulas
• Eye Care Formulas
• Carlson for Kids—Children’s Formulas
• Special Formulas
• Multiple Vitamins & Minerals
• Amino Acids
• Carlson Marine Oils: Carlson has been specializing in the finest Norwegian Marine Oils since 1982. Over the years, the product line has grown to include liquids, soft gels and fish oil multiple formulations, all of which contain the important omega-3s EPA and DHA. These products are regularly tested for potency and purity by an independent, FDA-registered laboratory. Carlson Marine Oils include the company’s popular Very Finest Fish Oil, available in natural lemon or orange flavors. Each teaspoon provides 1,600 mg of omega-3s. Carlson also offers CalaOmega, an innovative new source of omega-3s naturally rich in DHA.
• Carlson ACES: Carlson award-winning ACES formulas provide vitamins A, C and E plus the mineral selenium in easy-to-swallow soft gels. Our bodies naturally suppress free radicals with vitamins A, C, E and the mineral Selenium; these antioxidants work together to neutralize highly reactive molecules.
• Carlson Vitamin D products: Carlson provides vitamin D₃ through soft gels and taste-free, concentrated liquid drops, available in a wide range of strengths.
• Carlson Nutra-Support Products: Each of these products was specially formulated to help provide targeted nutritional support for bone, joint and memory function.
• Nutra- Support Energy was formulated with a special blend of vitamins, omega-3s, and other nutrients intended to boost energy levels naturally.
• Omega-3 Omega-6 is a balanced formula that combines equal ratios of the omega-3s (DHA & EPA) and omega-6 (GLA) to promote cardiovascular, joint, brain and vision health.
• Super Daily D3 is a highly concentrated liquid vitamin D3 available in strengths of 400 IU, 1000 IU, 2000 IU or 4000 IU. It drops into food or right onto your tongue without taste or odor.
J.R. Carlson Laboratories, Inc.
15 W. College Drive
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Year Founded: 1965
Published in WholeFoods Magazine, November 2011