The Specialty Food Association is the preeminent not-for-profit business trade association established in 1952 to foster trade, commerce and interest in the $86-billion specialty food industry. The Association is an international organization composed of more than 3,000 member companies including domestic and foreign manufacturers, importers, distributors, brokers, retailers, restaurateurs, caterers and other specialty food businesses.
Join us on our industry evolution over the next 10 years and beyond as we roll out exciting new programs, news and features that will help you be more successful than ever before. In 2013, the Specialty Food Association intends to focus specifically on three of the initiatives from the Vision.
1. Obsess over member needs: We plan to roll out tailored membership tiers based on business needs.
2. Build an identity for specialty foods: Educate the public about the distinctiveness and benefits of specialty foods and strive to communicate this movement far and wide so that “Specialty Food—Craft.Care.Joy.” becomes a household brand!
3. Nurture a close-knit community of producers and their partners – the Association is facilitating connections on a local level with regional meetings of specialty food entrepreneurs.
The Specialty Food Association is committed to helping you succeed in your efforts to deliver quality specialty foods and beverages to the world.
Manufacturer Member Benefits:
Create Buyer Connections
• Exhibit in the Fancy Food Shows attended by 42,000 buyers
• Participate in private buyer meetings
• Reach new markets by exhibiting with us in international and domestic food shows
• Press coverage through the Fancy Food Shows & sofi Awards competition
• Specialty Food Media in print & online
• Virtual Press Office utilized by thousands of media outlets
• Save money with our Shipping Program
• Expert legal advice on trademarks, copyrights and labeling
• Resource guide
• Free subscriptions to Specialty Food Magazine and Newsletter
• Seminars and online education
• Industry Research and Reports
• Engage with peers in Share groups
• Connect Online in social media groups
• Expand your contacts with networking lists
Retailer Member Benefits:
• Get 18 free badges to attend the Fancy Food Shows
• Early access to the show floor at 9 a.m.
• Meet manufacturers in our Business Builder and Key Buyer Programs
• Exclusive Retailer Network special events
• Participation in the Retailer Awards
• Access to industry reports and educational resources
For more information about all the benefits of membership, call (646)878-0303 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specialty Food Association
Published in WholeFoods Magazine, July 2013